We are looking for multiple day tour guides for summer season 2023 at our bases in Valldal, Ålesund and Stranda. The positions are seasonal and will be from May to September 2023. Some positions are for the whole period, some are only during our high season (June to August).
These are the guides we are looking for
Rafting / Canyoning guide – Valldal
Sea kayak guide – Valldal, Ålesund and Stranda
Hiking and biking guide – Ålesund and Stranda
Mountain guides – Sunnmøre
The guide job
As a guide at Uteguiden you`ll be part of an experienced guide team always going the extra mile for our guests. Your daily work as a guide will be to be a storyteller, guiding daytrips from where you are based. The trips will range from 2 – 3 hours to full day tours. Helping where it is needed outside of guiding, is also part of the job.
You need the following qualification
- General qualification
- Outdoor leadership
- Interpretation / Storytelling
- Valid first aid course
- Nature and environmental knowledge
- Driving license class B
Rafting / canyoning
- Rafting guide course and practical guide experience on grade 3 rivers.
- It`s an advantage if are a trained white water kayaker
- Aktivitetsleder hav, BCU Sea Kayak Leader or other recognized certification.
Hiking and biking guide
- Hiking and/or biking guide qualification.
- IFMGA, NF klatreinstruktør or similar
We value guides who have a wide range of skills and qualifications. It`s
therefor an advantage if you have
- Climbing/via-ferrata qualification
- Sea kayak and hiking qualification
- Hospitality & tourism education
- Experience from the tourism business (other than rafting/canyoning)
- Speak one of the Scandinavian languages fluent.
- Valid rescue 3 course or similar
- A good storyteller with organizational skills
- Customer focused and service minded
- A positive mind, focused on high quality
What you can expect
As a guide at Uteguiden you can expect to work a minimum average of 100-hour pr. month if you are available, shows enthusiasm and flexibility. You will be part of our experienced guide team who has access to the company’s multiple outfitter deals. You can expect to take part in our monthly training and social events. For the right person and those who are willing to commit for multiple years, will be awarded with becoming part of our guide training and educational program.
We will be helpful finding you a place to stay while you are working with us.
If you would like to be part of our guide team, send a short personal letter and a CV (both as pdf-files(!) by e-mail to email@example.com. Diplomas and references must be brought if interview.
Workplace: From one of our bases in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway
Work regulation: Seasonal position
Start date: May 2023
For more information
Erlend K. Ringstad
Head of Guides & Manager Valldal